Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)
Nitrous oxide is a safe, non-irritating, sweet-smelling, colorless gas you may inhale for partial sedation during dental procedures. Patients who request nitrous oxide are fully conscious, in control of their body functions, and can respond throughout treatment.
Nitrous oxide can help reduce anxiety
some patients experience during dental treatment.
Patients receiving nitrous oxide are given 50 percent to 70 percent oxygen with no more than 30 percent nitrous oxide.
- Effectively minimizes the gag reflex
- Sedates patients quickly in as little as 2 to 3 minutes
- May be used in children and adults
- Can easily and quickly be increased or decreased to ensure comfort
- Is a safe sedation option with no heart or lung side effects
- Has no after effects in most cases
- Does not interact with perscription drugs
If you have never had nitrous oxide, you may ask us for a 5-minute trial before using the sedation during a dental procedure.