WE ARE FOCUSED ON YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY!
My staff and I are deeply committed to your health and safety. For this reason, we practice up-to-date American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines to prevent the spread of all infections, including COVID-19.
People with COVID-19 can experience a wide range of symptoms.
Although some symptoms may be mild, others may be severe.
If you have contracted COVID-19,
you might have some, but not all of the symptoms listed below.
If you are having any of the following or any other unusual symptoms, however mild or severe, please call the office at 973-635-5522 to reschedule your appointment:
- Congestion or runny nose
- Loss of taste or smell
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
It is important to avoid spreading all diseases;
therefore, even if you are not infected with COVID-19
but have some symptoms listed above,
we ask that you reschedule your dental visit
for a time when you are symptom free.
To ensure your health and safety, we:
- Schedule appointments to ensure patients are safely distanced
from each other
- Limit the number of patients and their escorts in our waiting room
- Thoroughly disinfect exam rooms between each patient visit
- Take each patients’ temperature before she or he enters the building
- Require all patients to wear a face mask that covers both the nose and mouth
when entering and leaving the building
- Require that patients sanitize their hands when entering the building
- Eliminate difficult-to-disinfect items from our waiting room,
including magazines, children’s books, and newspapers
- Installed clear plastic screens at the front desk to minimize the transfer
of airborne pathogens
- Installed safe and effective ultraviolet light sanitizers
to destroy infectious particles
- Installed medical-grade, high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) purifiers
to quickly eliminate contagious airborne particles
- Installed oral evacuation systems to quickly remove airborne particles during procedures
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect all patients and staff
According to the CDC, patients age 65 years or older and patients with health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, chronic lung disease, serious heart conditions, a compromised immune system, kidney disease, or liver disease are considered at high risk for serious complications from COVID-19.
If you are a high-risk patient who needs a dental appointment
or who must accompany a child or family member to the office,
please call us 973-635-5522. We will schedule your visit
to ensure your health and safety.
As professionals who value your trust and loyalty, we look forward to seeing you and delivering the outstanding dental care you want and deserve.
OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART DISINFECTION AND FILTRATION SYSTEM
IS DESIGNED TO ENSURE YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
For decades, ultraviolet-C (UV-C) light has been used to effectively disinfect against viruses, bacteria, mold, spores, and other harmful disease-causing microbes in hospitals, medical centers, laboratories, food processing plants, wastewater facilities, and heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.1
Recently, UV-C light has been used to effectively sanitize patient rooms, equipment, respirator masks, offices, and other work sites against COVID-19.2 Combined with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration, UV-C disinfection significantly helps reduce exposure to contagious viruses.3
Researchers have confirmed that UV-C light
has powerful germicidal capabilities
to prevent the spread of contagious virus strains,
including those of coronavirus, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS),
and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).1
HOW WE USE UV-C LIGHT AND HEPA FILTRATION TO PROTECT YOU
- When you installed the system
- Where the UV-C and HEPA systems are located – in each room? Or are they mobile?
- Any other anecdotal information you believe is pertinent for patients’ and their emotional comfort
Medical-grade high efficiency particulate UV-C (HEPA) air purifiers have been installed in the office to help disinfect air in the area for all patients, family members, and staff. In addition extra- oral evacuation systems have been installed to remove aerosols during a procedure.
We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you!
Jonathan P. Mundth, DMD
1. The Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine 1903. Stockholm: Nobel Prize; c2020.
Accessed January 2021. Available at: nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1903/summary.
2. Fluence (UV dose) required to achieve incremental log inactivation of bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and algae. 2006. iuvanews.com/stories/pdf/archives/180301. Accessed January 2021.
3. Geiger, D. UV light helps Duke hospitals fight transmission of superbugs. duke health.org/blog. Accessed January 2021.